I am nearing my ONE YEAR Bookstagam Birthday / Anniversary whatever you want to call it!
I can’t believe how this past year my life has changed from this wonderful, amazing book community!
First off about me! I am a Stay at Home Mom to three cute, but very young kids and I needed an outlet to share my love of reading with other people along with needing new books and authors to me! I had devoured everything on KINDLE UNLIMITED in the ROMANCE Department at this point and needed some new books to devour along with that BOOK HIGH that every Bookworm craves! I didn’t even know that there was a BOOKSTAGRAM community on Instagram and WHOA I was hooked once I started!
Throughout this month I will be sharing some helpful tips to get out there in the Bookstagram Community on Instagram along with how to get Advance Reader Copy (ARCs) from authors before books are released, and of course how to score FREE BOOKS! Make sure to check back on my BLOG and I will be hosting some AMAZING GIVEAWAYS as well!
- Do you feel this need to shout from the rooftops about the best book that you recently read?
- Do you enjoy taking pretty pictures and posting them on Instagram?
- Do you want to help promote your favorite books along with supporting the author?
If you answered YES to these questions you definitely should join the Bookstagram Community! I promise its low, low drama and we don’t bite! (As long as you don’t diss our authors 😉
- Create a UserName! This is probably most important because this is like your business and what everyone will refer to you as. I tend to always read in my bed and there is this overpriced bedding store in my community and somehow I just could not get Bookworm Between the Sheets out of my head. Its probably not my favorite and can be twisted into many different meanings, but it works for me.
- Get Involved! Go LIKE other bookstagrammers, authors, publishers, PR Firms pictures and posts. COMMENT on pictures that catch your eye or start a discussion about a book that you enjoyed. I love it when people comment and share their love for a book that I enjoyed as well. And think you might just make the day, month, week, year for that person/author with your kind comments!
- HASHTAGS!!! This is very important! Hashtags are SUPER IMPORTANT these are how your posted pictures are going to get out there. Make sure to get creative if you are only using #Bookstagram #Bookstagrammer there are TONS of posts daily that your post is most likely going to get overlooked. I love using #ReadingJunkie #RomanceAddict and ALWAYS Hashtag the Author of the book along with its Title.
- PICTURES! Don’t feel stressed that your pictures have to be perfect. A lot of people post pics of books and coffee or books on their beds. Seriously don’t feel like you have to compare and compete with other Bookstagrammers especially the ones who have been around for awhile. Everyone starts somewhere and just have fun with it! A bouquet of flowers you purchase at your local grocery store for under $20 can go a long way with creating fun book pics with flowers for your account #BooksandFlowers . A lot of people do monthly themes where they use the same book props/background for their pictures. Be YOU, have FUN, and enjoy fangirl-ing our favoring books together!
- MAKE FRIENDS! I have made some really great friends through the Bookstagram Community. I speak to these friends more than most of my friends and family! They get my reading obsession! I have also met so many great authors that I message with constantly and it has been a lot of fun getting to meet them eventually in person!